5/28/2017

Live, Laugh, Love Revisited

I am going to share a project with you and then tell you something I am pretty excited about.

I must admit that I am a procrastinator.  I will schedule a blog hop that I really want to participate in and then will forget about it until the day of the hop and work like a madman to get the project done, photographed, edited and posted.  Most times it works.  This past project - not so much.

The basic project was good but I never felt it was finished.

This is the new and improved project that I really love and am teaching on Friday, June 16th at 10 am.  I am also offering this as a kit that can be shipped to you!


Here is the basic project.  I love the flowers that I added!  Don't you agree?


The stamp set is retiring on May 31st and with a $50 order, you can get this stamp set for $5. Scroll down if you would like to see the Supplies Used.

Now for my news.  First, some back info.  I quit work 10 years ago when my son with autism graduated high school.  Being an autism mom is not easy.  Especially 16 years ago when James received his diagnosis (at 16 years of age).  There weren't good resources, good information, or many studies.  Treatment consisted of psychotropic meds - lots of them - to keep them under control as they got bigger than you did.  There were very few opportunities for these kids.  They are still under or unemployed.  I felt hopeless and did not know where to turn to help my son.
I couldn't just abandon my son so I quit a job I loved and started doing research on our options.  After much research, I chose to go the DAN (Defeat Autism Now) route 10 years ago and I chose to enroll James in online college.  I was never sure where we would end up, but I knew that what was available for James was unacceptable to me.  I kept my fingers crossed and my faith strong that we were headed in the best direction for James.

It was SO hard!  No one told me that parenting didn't end when the child turned 18.  The doubters were quite vocal and at times I hit the wall hard.  James was not vocal about his needs and sometimes it took hitting the wall to find out that he needed a support that I was not aware he needed.  I found my support in the crafting community - many who have children affected by autism.

It took 10 years but look at this.



James is graduating next weekend with a Bachelor of Information Technology and Security.  And I am grateful.  And I will be there with a big box of tissues watching my son get his diploma.

Will James be able to find a job?  I have my fingers crossed and my faith strong and my crafting community behind me.  One day at a time.  Onto the next journey.

Supplies Used


1 comment:

  1. Love your project, the first is lovely, the second does have that added Pizazz. Also, TFS the journey with a child with autism. Time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!